Sunday 13 January 2013

Introduction

Hello, My name is Ivan Taylor.  This blog is intended to share my research with friends and associates.  I have a BSc in Mathematics, an MSc in Information and Systems Science and PhD in Public Policy.  I spent 33 years working in the Canada's Defence Research and Development Agency's Centre for Operational Research and Analysis.  I am an active member of the System Dynamics Society and am an editor of the Systems Thinking World Journal.

I have written a number of conference papers on Life Cycle Cost Analysis, Expert Systems, and System Dynamics.  I have written a book based on my PhD thesis called Cost Estimation and Performance Measurement in Canadian Defence: A Principal-Agent-Monitor Perspective .  I have also written over 200 internal operational research papers in Defence Research and Development Canada.

I live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada and Avon Park, Florida, USA with my wife Barb.  I have three grown daughters Julia, Laura and Sarah.  I enjoy men's fastpitch softball in Ontario and play senior's slowpitch softball in Florida.  I have another blog which is intended to share my research on men's fastpitch softball.

No comments:

Post a Comment